At People&co we take privacy seriously. Your information will only be collected for a lawful and necessary purpose. We will only use or disclose your personal information where we have received your consent.
We collect personal information from you in order to assess your suitability for work. This may involve:
- matching you against current or future job vacancies with our clients
- applying for vacancies on your behalf and placing you in these vacancies with our clients
- using the information to market our recruitment services to you
- informing you about any relevant industry developments, sending you details of any events and communicating any other relevant information to you.
You can ask us not to send you communications at any time by emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share your information with
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- our clients, as employing organisations
- third party service providers and partners who assist us perform our services
- third parties who perform functions on our behalf such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our technology systems, mailing houses and function co-ordinators
- our insurers
- public health officials in the event it is required for contact tracing
- regulatory or law enforcement agencies where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- an actual or potential buyer (and it’s agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
Personal information that we supply to a third party without your express consent (for example to an IT Consultant testing our systems) is done so on a strictly confidential basis. These parties have signed a Confidentiality Agreement with us.
Where we collect your information from
We collect personal information from you when you:
- deal with us in person by telephone, email or letter
- apply for a vacancy via our website
- supply us with a CV and/or cover letter
- fill out our registration form
- complete the paperwork forming part of our pre-employment checks.
Personal Information may also be collected from third parties when we:
- do a reference check, Ministry of Justice check or credit check
- undertake psychometric or competency testing
- verify your qualifications or professional affiliations
- follow up with our clients post placement of you with them
- check for publicly available information on social media.
We will only collect this information with your signed consent, unless you have indicated your consent in some other way.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, or distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on our website, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and distributed.
The personal information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- your name and contact information – address, email, phone number
- The time and date of your contact with our staff to assist in the management of the a pandemic.
- your interactions with us, for example notes written during an interview
- your interactions with our clients, for example their feedback post interview
- your qualifications, professional affiliations, credit history (if there is significant financial risk in a role you have applied for), right to work in New Zealand (required under the Immigration Act 2009) and identity – including copies of your passport or birth certificate and a second form of identification in some cases.
- your income expectations, desired employment, any injury and/or impairment and/or medical conditions affecting your ability to work, any special services or facilities needed to safely work, your criminal and driving convictions and pending charges that are not covered by the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004, employment dismissals or disciplinary processes you have been involved in, claims (or claims refused/declined) against Professional Liability or General Liability insurance, and any bankruptcies
- If you are a contractor we collect your IRD Number, bank account and GST registration details
- Results of psychometric testing and reference checks.
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but if you choose not to provide some or all of the information we ask for, we may be unable to provide our services to you.
How we keep your information safe
We keep your information safe by storing it securely on our electronic database and computer network or in our secure office in paper-based files. People&co takes all reasonable steps to protect our electronic and paper-based data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
People&co also takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may contact you from time to time to check this data is still correct, however please let us know of any changes to your details as soon as you can to maintain the accuracy of information held about you.
We keep all information entered into our database about you including your CV.
You have the right to ask for a copy of personal information we hold about you and ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. Please contact us at email@example.com, or 04 931 9444, or PO Box 23073, Wellington, New Zealand, 6140.
People&co may refuse you access to certain personal information if it is evaluative material and releasing it would breach a promise that the information, or the identity of the person who supplied it, or both, would be held in confidence (e.g. reference checks).
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time. We encourage you to check our Privacy Statement regularly if we hold your personal information.